Total Omegas is a highly potent, non-GMO fish oil, containing an impressive 1,000 mg omega-3 fats per softgel. Unlike many other fish oil supplements, the omega-3s in this product are provided in the triglyceride (TG) form, which is the same way they occur naturally in fish, and the form most easily recognized and absorbed by the body. In order to get maximum benefit from omega-3 supplementation, it is critical to provide these fats to the body in the same way they are found in fish as a whole food. In order to maintain optimum health, our bodies require a variety of different fats. Two of these—omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids—are essential. As a result of industrialized farming practices and modern food processing technology, the American diet is very high in omega-6, but low in omega-3. Correcting this imbalance through foods and supplements can be beneficial for the entire body.
The Story Behind Omega-3s - The best sources of omega-3 fats are cold water fish like salmon, sardines, and mackerel. The omega-3s that come from marine animals are different from the plant forms (in foods such as walnuts and flaxseed), and many people cannot effectively convert the plant form to the animal forms, which are the more potent and biologically active ones the body ultimately requires. Since most people do not consume cold water fish regularly, supplementation may be beneficial in order to help maintain a healthy balance of fatty acids.
This product contains the omega-3 fatty acids:
• Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) – beneficial for supporting a healthy brain, balanced emotions, skin health, maintaining normal cholesterol levels, and modulating the inflammatory response*
• Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) – supports proper brain development and function, visual acuity, maintenance of normal triglyceride levels and blood pressure, eye development and a healthy pregnancy in expectant moms*
Quality and Sourcing Highlights:
• Exceptional freshness: freshly caught fish are quickly processed within hours, resulting in exceptionally fresh raw fish oil
• Cold extraction: process used for the refining of the EPA & DHA fatty acids
• Minimally processed: produced to the highest standards of purity and quality
• Molecular distillation: removes fishy odor and taste to ensure purity
• Filtration: removes PCBs, chlorinated organopollutants and heavy metals
• Sustainable US-caught fish: 100% sourced from certified sustainable US-caught wild Alaskan fish and processed in the US.
Recommended Use: Take 1 softgel per day or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
Warning: Consult your health-care practitioner before use if you are taking blood thinner medication or if you are planning to have surgery.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
top of page