Clients always ask me what some of my favorite health tools are…
We have sooo many amazing health tools available to us now that it can be overwhelming sometimes.
I add in tools that are easy to squeeze into my daily routine and that have massive benefits!
Common Detox Mistake: Not making detox part of your daily routine
Our bodies have fantastic detoxification systems, however they were never designed to detoxify the hundreds of toxins we encounter daily from the air, our food, our cleaning products and our personal care products…
Even people who eat organic and use clean products still need a detox because of the toxin accumulation from the places that we cannot control.
A yearly detox is a fantastic way to clear the body of stored toxins out of our tissues. In addition, there are tools that we can add into our daily routines to help assist our bodies with detoxification on a daily basis.
1. Infrared Sauna - this is one of my FAVORITE tools to aid in detox. There are so many amazing benefits of 20 minutes in the sauna such as …
Increases blood flow to the body and brain
Increases immune function
Increases neurogenesis (making new neurons in the brain)
Decreases blood pressure
A few recent studies have come out and have shown tremendous benefits of 4-7 infrared sauna sessions per week. They found…
63% lower risk of cardiac death
50% lower risk of cardiovascular disease death
48% lower risk of coronary heart disease death
66% lower risk of developing dementia
65% lower risk of developing Alzheimer's
What if you don't have a sauna at home or the space for a huge sauna? Or what if you travel a lot?
There are some awesome saunas now that are small and portable. My favorite is a sleeping bag sauna from HigherDose. https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1350612&u=3040150&m=87497&urllink=&afftrack=
This is the sauna I personally use and absolutely love! It's small enough to store under the bed and heats up in 10 minutes.
2. Lemon and warm water - this helps alkalize the blood, promotes liver detoxification, and bile production. Adding this into your morning routine is an easy way to give your liver some extra love.
3. Dry Brushing - our lymphatic system is what moves toxins from our tissues to the liver to be detoxed. Over time, our lymphatic system can become bogged down. In order to detox, we need our lymphatic system to properly work.
We can add in a really simple practice called dry brushing. This ancient technique can be added into your daily routine and only takes a few minutes. Dry brushing helps increase lymphatic circulation, exfoliates skin, and tightens skin.
You'll want to find a firm bristle dry brush (I prefer one with a long handle so i can get my back)
Start at your feet and brush upward towards the heart.
For your hands, start at your fingertips and brush towards your heart
For your stomach, brush in a clockwise direction
Make sure that you're not brushing too hard, leaving any marks or breaking the skin.
Dry brushing should never hurt.
Dedicate at least three to five minutes to dry brushing before you hop in the shower.
4. Eat Foods that Support Detox - adding these foods in to support
5. Exercise - by sweating we are able to detoxify stored toxins from our cells (similar to the infrared sauna). In addition, we increase our blood flow and circulation, which helps us detox. By making it a goal to sweat every single day, you can improve your daily detox without thinking about it.
All of these tools are wonderful and easy tools to add into your daily routine to help you live a healthier life!